If you’re ready to change careers or just starting out, it might be a wise decision to pick something in a growing field! So what are the hot jobs? Here are some of the top areas to consider:
- Education and health services – This industry is projected to grow faster, 30.6 percent, and add more jobs than any other industry.
- Healthcare and social assistance – This includes private hospitals, nursing and residential care facilities, and individual and family services is expected to grow by 30.3 percent
- Professional and business services – This industry is expected to grow by 27.8 percent
- Administrative, support, waste management and remediation services is expected to grow by 31 percent
- Professional, scientific, and technical services is expected to grow by 28.4 percent
- Management of companies and enterprises is expected to grow by 10.6 percent
- Information area is expected to increase by 11.6 percent
- Leisure and hospitality is expected to grow by 17.7 percent
- Accommodation and food services is expected to grow by 16.5 percent
- Trade, transportation, and utilities is expected to grow by 10.3 percent
- Retail trade is expected to increase by 11 percent
- Online services is expected to grow even more by 100 percent – click to see data
The above are projections from 2004 to 2017 about tomorrow’s jobs from the bls.gov website.